- Auth Token
- Used to identify the user after starting a session. Contains the
user application id and the expiration date.
- Group of webheads and storage devices that make up a set of Service
- Physical datacenter, may contain multiple clusters
HMAC-based Key Derivation Function, a method for deriving multiple
secret keys from a single master secret.
- Login Server
- Used to authenticate user, returns tokens that can be used
to authenticate to our services.
- Mac Access Auth
An HTTP authentication method using a message authentication code
(MAC) algorithm to provide cryptographic verification of portions of
- Master Secret
- A secret shared between Login Server and Service Node.
Never used directly, only for deriving other secrets.
- An URL that identifies a service, like http://phx345
- Node Assignment Server
- A service that can attribute to a user a node.
- A service Mozilla provides, like Sync or Easy Setup.
- Service Node
- a server that contains the service, and can be mapped to several
- Signing Secret
- Derived from the master secret, used to sign the auth token.
- Token Secret
- Derived from the master secret and auth token, used as secret.
This is the only secret shared with the client and is different for each
- User DB
- A database that keeps the user/node relation